Root canal treatment benefits and cost explained by Dolton, IL dentist
Of all the modern dental treatments available, root canal therapy is perhaps the one surrounded by the most misconceptions. While there are many myths about root canal therapy—such as it being a very painful or ineffective treatment—it relieves pain and is actually one of the best ways to save a tooth that has been severely compromised. Dr. Dean Dietrich, dentist at Pleasant Dental® in Dolton, IL, explains the benefits and cost of this effective tooth-saving treatment.
Benefits of root canal treatment
Root canal therapy has been used for decades as a way to save and restore teeth that are internally diseased or infected due to decay, injury, or other issues. Root canal therapy is:
- Tooth-saving: In most cases, root canal therapy is the only way to save your natural tooth and prevent the time-consuming, painful, and costly process of tooth extractions followed by tooth replacement.
- Effective: Studies show that root canal therapy is effective between 87 and 94 percent of the time, meaning that it removes the infection and repairs and restores function to the tooth when completed with a filling or dental crown.
- Comfortable: At Pleasant Dental®, we generally provide patients with antibiotic therapy prior to their treatment to get the infection under control and reduce the chance of pain during your treatment. Antibiotic therapy combined with modern anesthetics can easily provide a pain-free root canal treatment experience.
Root canal treatment cost
Like every treatment we provide at Pleasant Dental®, root canal therapy is highly customized to each individual patient. The cost for root canal therapy can vary based on a number of factors, including:
- Which tooth is being treated – front teeth tend to cost less than molars because there are fewer roots to treat
- How extensive the damage is
- The type of anesthesia and medication used
- How the tooth is restored after treatment (such as with a dental crown)
We will work with you to determine how much of your treatment cost will be covered by insurance benefits and offer flexible payment options, such as a membership plan that provides members with significant savings.
The Pleasant Dental® difference
If you are looking for a dentist for root canal treatment and live in the Dolton, IL area, you will find high-quality, comprehensive care and compassionate approach with Dr. Dean Dietrich and the team at Pleasant Dental®. The health of your smile and providing you with an excellent experience from the time you call us for an appointment through your follow-up care are our top priorities. We look forward to taking care of your oral health needs. Call us today at (708) 576-1900 to schedule your appointment.