Dentist in Dolton, IL answers, “Why are dental implants becoming so popular for tooth replacement?”
At Pleasant Dental, we love to see our patients smile! We especially love helping them feel more confident in the appearance of their smile. With the use of restorations such as dental implants, Dolton, IL area patients can address imperfections caused by missing teeth. This tooth replacement option is available from our dentist. Many patients ask, why are dental implants becoming so popular?
Understanding the dental implant
Any implant that is placed into the body helps in replacing something that has become broken, defective, or missing. This applies to the smile as well. When a tooth has been extracted or is missing due to trauma or disease, our patients often consider implants. Typically, implants are the best way of restoring your smile’s beauty and function. Dental implants are posts made to replace the natural tooth root. The top of it, called the abutment, is then completed using:
The type of restoration used with the implant will vary from patient to patient based on individual needs.
Who is a candidate for a dental implant?
Dental implants use the bone of the jaw to hold them firmly in place. This gives them the strength needed to do the work of the missing tooth or teeth. Because of this, only patients with enough bone structure of the jaw are considered candidates. During the initial evaluation, you and the dentist can decide if dental implants are right for you.
Why are dental implants becoming so popular?
There are various ways to replace teeth. However, dental implants continue to be gaining popularity because of their many advantages. Some of the reasons dental implants are so popular are listed below:
- Comfortable – Implants don’t move or tend to cause any kind of discomfort once fully healed..
- Natural appearance – dental implants are designed to provide the look, feel, and function of a natural tooth. This ensures that the replacement is not only beautiful but also allows you to eat and speak properly.
- Permanency – dental implants are often chosen because of their permanency. With proper care and attention, implants can last a lifetime. This makes them the perfect option for men and women who want a no-fuss way to replace their missing teeth. Partials need to be removed daily, and are not esthetic or hygienic though they are cheaper.
- High success rates – Implants have a remarkably high rate of success..
- Improved efficiency – dental implants are well-known for restoring the function and appearance of smiles. These restorations ensure improved efficiency for eating, chewing, and speaking. Patients who have been missing teeth will find that these activities may be challenging. Restoring the smile using dental implants eliminates these issues and ensures a healthy, beautiful smile that functions at its best!
- Improved facial features and bone retention – many other methods of replacing teeth, including dentures and bridges, do not prevent you from to losing jawbone structure. This creates that sunken-in appearance often seen in long-term denture wearers. Fortunately, with the placement of a dental implant, you will not have that experience. No other tooth replacement can offer this same benefit. This makes dental implants the best option for many of our patients at Pleasant Dental.
- Maintenance of healthy teeth – restorations like dental bridges require the preparation of the adjacent teeth to place them. This may mean the removal of perfectly healthy enamel. Dental bridges typically last only 5-15 years on average, according to WebMD, and can cost nearly as much as an implant for a single tooth.
- Longevity – dental implants can (though are not guaranteed to) last a lifetime and avoid damage to adjacent teeth.
- Value – in the end, implants can be among the least expensive tooth replacement options due to their longevity, particularly when compared to bridges.
Schedule your visit with Dr. Dean Dietrich today!
Are you interested in finding out if dental implants are right for your smile? Contact the team of Pleasant Dental in Dolton, IL today to find out more about the benefits of these restorations for addressing lost teeth. Call (708) 576-1900 to connect with our front office team and schedule your consultation.
Back to Implants Page