What are the benefits of Dental Implants for South Holland residents?
In today’s image-conscious society the appearance of your smile is more important than ever. It can affect your confidence, social life, and professional appearance. With the widespread popularity of cosmetic dentistry, many people tend to overlook the importance of oral health. Missing teeth can easily ruin a lovely smile. However, the damage goes far beyond esthetic.
Why fill the gap
What happens when you lose one or several teeth?
- The remaining teeth begin drifting in the direction of the gap. Over time, those teeth can become noticeably crooked.
- As teeth shift, they pull away from the gum tissue, making it easier for plaque and bacteria to accumulate along the gumline, increasing the risk of periodontal disease.
- Crooked teeth tend to create tight spaces, which are difficult or impossible to clean, increasing the risk of cavities.
- Your natural chewing pattern changes, as you avoid the gap. This creates excessive wear and tear on specific teeth, as well as imbalanced strain on the jaws.
- You may have difficulty pronouncing certain words, because the ability to form some sounds is dependent upon the tongue touching the back of the teeth.
- Due to lack of a tooth root stimulating bone issue, the jawbone in that area begins diminishing. Over time, this can affect the visual contours of your face, as well as making the bone more susceptible to fracture.
Choosing the right option
Dr. Dietrich understands that every person is unique, with individual health, cosmetic, and financial needs. Therefore, he offers a wide variety of options for patients in Dolton, Calumet City, Riverdale, South Holland, and surrounding communities. Some prefer the speed and economy of procedures such as removable dentures or fixed bridges. However, dental implants, the newest and most advanced tooth replacement option, have proven to be the premier treatment in a high percentage of cases.
Implants provide unique benefits, which cannot be obtained from traditional treatments:
- Replacement teeth can be just as stable as natural teeth.
- Eat anything you want without embarrassment or discomfort.
- An implant replaces the root of the missing tooth, keeping the jawbone healthy.
- Implants can last a lifetime, whereas other restorations typically need to be replaced after a number of years.
- Preserving the jawbone protects your natural facial contours.
If you think dental implant treatment may be right for you call (708) 576-1900 and schedule a consultation today.Back to Implants Page