Dental phobia solutions enable Dolton, IL patients to receive the dental care they need
If you have a dental phobia, you are not alone. In fact, it is estimated that approximately three out of four people have some degree of fear about visiting the dentist. Dr. Dean Dietrich and the team at Pleasant Dental® are here to help patients in the Dolton, IL area receive the dental care they need—all while keeping you comfortable and free from anxiety. We put a great deal of thought and care into how we treat patients and provide a range of dental phobia solutions designed to help you have a relaxing experience in the dental chair.
Common dental fears
Dental phobias are one of the primary reasons that patients delay or completely avoid receiving either preventive or restorative dental care that is essential for their oral health. Dental anxieties and fears can arise from a variety of causes, such as:
- Bad prior dental experiences
- Fear of needles used to numb your mouth
- Dislike of the smells, sounds, and sensations of dental tools
- Strong gag reflexes that make receiving dental care uncomfortable and difficult
Some dentists use sedative medications to help patients overcome dental phobias, but these medications can have side effects, require you to have a trusted friend or family member drive you to and from your appointment, and leave you feeling groggy for a while after your treatment is complete. As a result, we prefer to provide a more holistic, medication-free way for you to obtain your dental care.
Dental phobia solutions
If you suffer from a dental phobia, it is vital for your oral health that you find a dentist you can trust to take care of your teeth and gums while keeping you relaxed and worry-free. At Pleasant Dental®, we use a medication-free approach to help you feel at ease when you are in the dental chair. This includes:
- Developing a trusting relationship with you and getting to know you as a person so you know your dental team and are comfortable asking us questions
- Taking the time to provide you with all of the information you need to know for your procedure so you feel well-informed and confident about your treatment
- Walking you through the steps of how we will perform your treatment, as desired; if you prefer to not know the details, just let us know!
- Providing a judgement-free environment and listening to your concerns with compassion and patience
- Making you physically comfortable in our warm and welcoming office
- Offering advice on techniques to distract your mind and increase your comfort level
You deserve a healthy, happy smile, and we are committed to providing you with the relaxing atmosphere and supportive tools you need to receive the dental care you need to achieve your best smile. If you have been delaying a trip to the dentist for a check-up or other treatments you may need, we encourage you to call Pleasant Dental® today to schedule your appointment and experience the difference in the care we provide. Our Dolton, IL office can be reached at (708) 576-1900.