Keeping Chicago smiles sparkling: How to maintain the results of professional teeth whitening
Never underestimate the power of a bright smile. You can use it to win friends, disarm enemies, bring cheer to the downtrodden, and help you attract attention for all the right reasons. Even a dingy smile is a nice gesture, but it doesn’t have the same effect, and it certainly doesn’t give you a sense of pride. Professional teeth whitening with the KöR Deep Bleaching System can eliminate stains, and lighten your teeth as much as 16 shades. Surely, you will want to keep your smile brilliant – and you can.
The same things that caused your teeth to darken initially will continue causing stains after whitening. You can do several things to slow the process:
- Don’t smoke or use other tobacco products. They can cause yellow stains on your teeth, and that is probably the least damaging effect. If you use tobacco, it’s a good time to stop. If you don’t use tobacco, don’t start.
- Drink dark colored liquids through a straw. Red wine might not seem as glamorous through a straw as sipped from a glass, but the majority of it will bypass your teeth.
- Rinse with water after meals. You don’t have to give up coffee and berry pie for lunch, but remember that the longer it stays on your teeth, the more it will stain. Even if you can’t brush right away, rinse with water promptly.
- Brush, floss, and see your dentist for cleanings regularly. Keeping your teeth clean and free of plaque is essential for keeping them whole and healthy. It also helps them stay bright white, because surface stains are removed regularly.
- Do touchups as needed. Bleaching strips or at-home whitening trays used for a short time are usually sufficient to remove new stains. You can easily maintain your bright smile with simple touchups when you notice your teeth beginning to darken.
Dr. Dietrich will help you choose the best method to achieve and maintain the brilliant smile you desire. Our office is conveniently located in Dolton, serving residents throughout the Chicago area. Call (708) 576-1900 to arrange an appointment.Back to Teeth Whitening Page