Dolton dentist urges friends to put dental health at top of New Year’s resolutions
Healthy dental habits are a powerful defense against disease and illness – both oral and systemic. Get started now:
- It you have not been to a dentist in the last six months, or if you were not satisfied with your recent visit, call Pleasant Dental at (708) 576-1900 to schedule a checkup.
- Make healthier eating choices. Dr. Dietrich is happy to share information that helps you adjust your diet for better dental and overall health.
- Stop using tobacco. Smoking and smokeless tobacco dramatically increase the risk of gum disease and oral cancers.
- Ask about options. Is there something you would like to improve about the appearance of your smile? The doctor explains self-esteem boosters like teeth whitening and dental implants.
Make it a habit
It takes only about five minutes a day to brush twice and floss before bedtime. Studies show that within just 66 days, a new activity can become a firm habit. Once it is a habit, some amazing things happen in the human psyche:
- Your brain removes the element of choice. You “just do it,” without thinking, “Do I feel like doing this? Do I want to do this? Do I have time for this?”
- The process becomes automatic – you hardly need to think about steps in the procedure.
- You feel more comfortable doing it than skipping it.
- Willpower is no longer required when a task becomes routine.
A commitment to dental health sets the tone for how you care for your appearance and wellbeing. Call (708) 576-1900 for the confidence you deserve.Back to Home Page