« Back to Home Page
Dolton dentist urges friends to put dental health at top of New Year’s resolutions
Posted by Dr. Dean Dietrich
Healthy dental habits are a powerful defense against disease and illness - both oral and systemic. Get
- It you have not been to a dentist in the last six months, or if you were not satisfied with your
recent visit, call Pleasant Dental at 708-576-1900 to schedule a checkup.
- Make healthier eating choices. Dr. Dietrich is happy to share information that helps you adjust
your diet for better dental and overall health.
- Stop using tobacco. Smoking and smokeless tobacco dramatically increase the risk of gum
disease and oral cancers.
- Ask about options. Is there something you would like to improve about the appearance of your
smile? The doctor explains self-esteem boosters like Invisalign and teeth whitening.
Make it a habit
It takes only about five minutes a day to brush twice and floss before bedtime. Studies show that within
just 66 days, a new activity can become a firm habit. Once it is a habit, some amazing things happen in
the human psyche:
A commitment to dental health sets the tone for how you care for your appearance and wellbeing. Call
708-576-1900 for the confidence you deserve.
- Your brain removes the element of choice. You “just do it,” without thinking, “Do I feel like
doing this? Do I want to do this? Do I have time for this?”
- The process becomes automatic - you hardly need to think about steps in the procedure.
- You feel more comfortable doing it than skipping it.
- Willpower is no longer required when a task becomes routine.
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday - 8 am to 5 pm
Friday / Saturday - 8 am to 2 pm
( alternating work days for every week)
Contact via phone, email, or through our convenient online form. We will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Happily Reinventing the Dental Experience