Tooth restoration options available from your Dolton dentist
Ideally, teeth are naturally healthy, well-shaped, and well proportioned. However, sometimes they don’t develop quite right. More frequently, a once-healthy tooth may fall victim to decay, fractures, infection, or oral injury. Thankfully, we are long past the days when dentists simply pulled problematic teeth. Today, there are a number of restorative options, suited to various situations.
Unless it is terribly damaged, or loose, your tooth can probably be saved. Some of the most common restoration techniques include:
- Fillings – A cavity can usually be repaired in just one visit, with a cosmetic filling that matches surrounding tooth enamel flawlessly.
- Bonding – This procedure is very similar to a cosmetic filling, but it can be used to correct chips, permanent stains, and other minor issues.
- Veneers – Typically reserved for cosmetic improvement, veneers may also be appropriate for very small chips or fractures.
- Crowns – Severely decayed, broken, weak, or otherwise damaged teeth often need dental crowns. These restorations, also called caps, cover the tooth in a strong, durable material such as porcelain. They can strengthen and protect teeth as well as restoring proper size and shape.
- Bridges, dentures, and implants – If your tooth is gone, or it is damaged too badly to save; your smile can still be restored. We offer a variety of options, from traditional bridges and full or partial dentures to modern implant-supported restorations.
After a comprehensive examination, Dr. Dietrich will explain which options are available, and the pros and cons of each choice. Pleasant Dental is not a high pressure, pretentious, or sales-oriented dental office. No one will look down on you if you go for the least expensive solution possible, and no one will judge you if you want nothing but the best. We also understand that, no matter how large or small your budget is, you want to stretch it as far as possible. We accept most dental insurance, and we will be happy to help you enjoy the maximum benefits of your plan.
Dentistry is all about improving patients’ quality of life, and Dr. Dietrich believes the best way to accomplish that is by providing honest information, a wide variety of options, quality work, and old-fashioned customer service. Call (708) 576-1900 and schedule an appointment to find out for yourself why our practice is named Pleasant Dental.Back to Crowns Page