Looking for a smile wizard “near me” in Dolton to explain cosmetic dentistry?
When everyone else leans in for a group photo, do you dodge out of the frame? Maybe you drop your head or turn away when speaking, or cover your mouth with your hand when you laugh. Has it been a long time since you smiled into the mirror and liked what you saw? Then you have probably been searching the internet for a doctor “near me” to trust with your cosmetic dentistry concerns. Dr. Dean Dietrich at Pleasant Dental in Dolton can help.
Healthy smiles are beautiful
Every element of a healthy mouth contributes to a beautiful smile, while dental problems deteriorate appearance. Gum disease leads to puffy, discolored soft tissues. Gums recede, making teeth look too long. Yellowish root surfaces are exposed, and develop visible decay. Eventually, teeth fall out. The lower portion of the face collapses inward from bone loss. That draws the corners of the mouth down, and allows skin to droop into wrinkles.
Golden Proportion defines ideal relationships between teeth – size, shape, and position – that make a smile most appealing to the human eye. Missing, broken, worn-down, or misaligned teeth disrupt this symmetry.
Humans find white teeth appealing. Why? In ancient times it was a visible indicator of a healthy, plentiful diet. That meant the owner of those teeth was a good hunter and provider – a desirable mate.
So, in Dr. Dietrich’s care, all cosmetic dentistry begins with oral health. Wellness issues are addressed first.
What can cosmetic dentistry fix?
Here are some smile flaws that can be corrected with cosmetic dentistry:
- Size – Teeth that look too big or small, too long or short – In relation to their neighbors, or to the size of your mouth.
- Shape – A naturally odd shape with pits or bumps in enamel, or wear down from bruxism – grinding and clenching.
- Color – Most children have gleaming white teeth. Over the years, dark beverages, staining foods, tobacco, and negligent oral hygiene leave pigments behind. Medications and medical treatments may cause deep discoloration. Enamel thins, too, allowing the yellow layer of dentin to show through.
- Gaps – Some people have naturally wide spaces between their teeth, or gaps from congenitally missing or extracted teeth.
- Alignment – Crowded teeth, overlaps, or those that have become crooked from spacing issues are common concerns.
- Trauma – Enamel chips and fractures, and minor breakage eventually grab stains and spoil your smile.
Taming treatment choices
Have you put consideration of cosmetic dentistry off because the choices feel overwhelming? It is time to talk about treatment options, in the context of your individual desires, lifestyle, schedule, and budget. An unhurried consultation with Dr. Dietrich takes place in his office, not in the treatment room. He takes as much time as necessary to understand what you don’t like about your smile, and how you would like to see it transformed. Then, you work together on a strategy to achieve your goals. It may include:
- KöR Deep Bleaching – This technique is superior to any other whitening method available. It starts in the dental chair, with additional brightening at home.
- Dental bonding – A quick and economical solution for enamel imperfections, reshaping, and minor gaps. The same color-matched material is used for virtually-invisible fillings.
- Lumineers – Porcelain veneers are the secret to some of the most attractive smiles in Chicagoland. Natural tooth structure does not have to be altered for these super-thin veneers.
- Crowns – While porcelain crowns are an important part of restorative dentistry, they can also be used to improve the appearance of individual teeth.
- Implants – The lasting solution for missing teeth. An implant becomes part of your body, forming a solid foundation for a lovely crown. With good oral hygiene, this replacement tooth can last a lifetime.
- Bridge – A fixed bridge holds up to three artificial teeth, completing your smile beautifully.
- Dentures – With modern techniques, Dr. Dietrich designs dentures that look natural and fit comfortably. Implant-retained dentures bring stability and function to a whole new level.
- Schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation today at Pleasant Dental in Dolton, IL. The number is (708) 576-1900