Dolton, IL, patients ask, “How do I find a cosmetic dentist near me?”
With the appearance of your smile on the line, finding a cosmetic dentist is an important decision. Many Dolton, IL, patients ask, “how can I find the right cosmetic dentist located near me?” Dr. Dean Dietrich of the Pleasant Dental practice offers the following tips for finding a cosmetic dentist and ensuring that he is the right one to help you improve the appearance of your smile.
- Ask for referrals. Today patients are more likely to search Google than the yellow pages, but still the best beginning to your search starts with a trusted friend or relative. If you know someone who has had cosmetic dental work done, ask for a referral. Or if your friend raves about the kindness and caring approach that her dentist provides, ask if he or she also provides cosmetic services.
- Review testimonials. Once you’ve narrowed down your search, look at websites and review patient testimonials or before and after photos. This will give you an idea of the range of experience of a particular dentist.
- Review credentials. Check out the dentist’s education, experience, and any special skills that he brings to the table. Look for a dentist who has depth of experience but who also employs new technologies and innovative approaches to traditional procedures.
- Meet the dentist. Once you think you’ve found the right match, schedule an appointment for a consultation. Take this time to meet the dentist and ask all of your questions about the problem you believe you have. Ensure that you and the dentist can establish a strong relationship. Do you trust his recommendation? Does he take the time to answer your questions? Does he make you feel respected and cared for?
- Consider the office. Your relationship with the dentist is critical, but it’s also important that you have a good feeling about the rest of the team. Your interactions with them will also be important – from the hygienists to the reception staff – in making you feel relaxed and comfortable during your treatment. Also, consider the location of the office. Depending on your specific need you may need several appointments. If the office is close to work or to home, it will be easier to schedule your follow ups.
Dr. Dean Dietrich has been helping countless patients improve their smiles with cosmetic dental treatments such as teeth whitening and dental crowns. For more information, call today.Back to Teeth Whitening Page